Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Weekend in Everson

Last weekend David and I made the long trip up to Everson to visit with my family and watch my little sister graduate from high school. This was our last trip until after we have the baby, and we really enjoyed the chances we had to visit with our family and some of good friends. Graduation was Friday night, and although the day started off pretty cloudy, it turned out to be a beautiful evening... almost too sunny!


Congratulations, Steph! You're done with high school! I can't even believe my little sister, who I still picture as about 7 years old, is 18 and graduated! She's going to Corban in the fall to study to be a teacher, and is pretty excited about it. :) (I am too...) I know she's going to really enjoy herself there.

On Saturday, I went to a baby shower for Katie and little Noah, who arrived in May. It's hard to believe that he's already 6 weeks old, which means it's not very long until little Micah is here! David and I got to spend some time with Justin and Katie, and Jen and Ryan on Saturday night, where David got to meet Noah. Seeing him hold the little guy makes me pretty excited for our own little boy to come. David's going to be such a good dad!

I spent most of the weekend making cakes, one for Steph's graduation party and one for Katie's baby shower. They both turned out pretty well, and it was fun to be able to make something for people I care a lot about. Steph's cake is, of course, purple and white, (Nooksack's colors), with the top layer looking like a graduation cap. Katie's was white with little animals on the sides, and cupcakes with the same animals on them. Unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures of the cake for Katie and Noah, but I'll get them from my mom and post later.




Maverick was exceptionally well behaved this weekend, and has further impressed us! He's such a great dog, and it's really nice that we don't have to worry about him all the time. He enjoyed Steph's graduation party as much as anyone... maybe more! The party was in my parents' back yard and he just walked around sniffing people's legs and plates if they let him.

Mav greeted everyone at the gate when they came in, and even found some friends to beg for food from. There were two little kids at the party, and they loved him! He spent a lot of time at the party just like this, chewing on a stick:



We both really enjoyed the weekend, but were really tired afterward. It was really nice to have a relaxing drive home...

No comments:

Post a Comment