Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Micah-Roni

Today Micah is 4 weeks old! How time flies! I can't believe that he's that old already... but it feels like we've had him for a really long time too.


We've had a good couple of days with Micah. A couple (or a bunch) of highlights are...

* He has been sleeping really well! When I put him down for bed the last couple of nights he's gone to sleep without crying! (Before he would cry and I would have to pick him up and rock him. Then I'd put him back and we'd start all over... for an hour usually.)

* He's starting to make cute little cooing sounds! It's like he's talking to himself. :)

* I've noticed that he's better able to focus on objects, like toys or our faces. I put him in his play-mat and he looks (a little bit) at the toys hanging on the sides.

* His neck is getting stronger! When we hold him upright on our chest he's holding up his head for a short time all on his own. He does still bang his face down on our shoulders if we're not fast enough to catch him though.

* Finally his umbilical cord fell off! And he has a belly button! It's part innie and part outie, very cute!

* He's in his cloth diapers, and we're trying to figure out how this system will work out best for us. Today is only the second day, so we're learning a lot, but it's going well so far. These are not your grandma's cloth diapers, or even your mom's! They're pretty impressive, with a PUL (Poly-Uretheyne Liner) on the outside, so they don't leak through. (We've had a few leaks so far, but only out the top or leg holes, and I think it's because I didn't put them on tight enough...)




Side-note... I did my first load of cloth diaper laundry today. It's not so bad! And I finally get to use the clothesline I put up four months ago. Aren't we so eco-friendly!?


* This afternoon he gets to go to his first soccer game where his dad is coaching!

We're really enjoying being parents, challenges and all. It's definitely a hard job, and I am realizing that there will be many days where I feel like I'm not getting anything done, but it's so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment