Thursday, April 19, 2012

Goodbye, My Love

Today is a very sad day. My heart feels like it's breaking. I've known April 19th was coming for a long time, but I hoped it was just a ruse, a sad, terrible joke.

It's here though. Picnik is closing.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do without this website. I use it for everything!

In February, I made these invitations to a Valentine's Day dinner:


I use it to edit all of my pictures - ALL of them.


I made Valentine's cards for our students this year using Picnik:


Just a month or so ago, I started making invitations for Micah's birthday party... but how am I going to finish them?


So, can anyone tell me what they use? Is there another wonderful website out there that is as easy and user-friendly (and free) as Picnic, and I'm just missing it?

I really feel like I'm experiencing grief over the thought of losing this website - I may spend a lot of time crying tomorrow, when I can't just pop on there and do a quick edit.

see how the wall is so gray-ish? I spend multiple minutes fading it into gray-scale.
David suggested I chain myself to my computer in protest. Can someone tell Picnic that I'm not leaving until they come back? Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. You have my sympathy on your loss of Picnik. Hope you can find an alternate site for your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. This might help, it shows how to make collage in PicMonkey: http://www.somethingswanky.com/2012/04/how-to-make-collage-in-picmonkey.html

      Delete