Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our Little Guy

We finally got to have our ultrasound, and now we know!

Micah Owen Josheb Wattenburger is on his way in August. He is a very handsome little guy, with chubby cheeks, according to our doctor. We got a very good look at his little body, and for once he was just staying still.... something he doesn't do very often. The heart, brain, spine, legs, hands, arms and face were all visible! What an amazing blessing technology can be that we're able to see our baby three months before he's born!


We also had our second installment of childbirth classes last night. It was quite interesting! After seeing babies be born on the video we watched, I don't know how I'm going to do this in just three months! We also got a tour of Good Shepherd's child-birth facility, which I was impressed with. It was very nice for such a small town and small hospital! I feel pretty confident planning to have our baby there.


I made a fun purchase last weekend in anticipation of finding out the gender of our little one: one girl outfit and one boy outfit. They're both very cute, and it's fun knowing that I now have something that our little guy can wear that is made for a boy! (I don't know what I'm going to do with the girl outfit though, because like the scatterbrain that I am, I lost the receipt!)


We're looking forward to a field trip this week to the Oregon Zoo, as well as a visit from my parents. They're bringing our changing table/dresser combo, and I'm getting baptized in the freezing waters of the Columbia on Sunday! (I've been a Christian a long time and never was baptized. It's about time!) We should have some good pictures, and maybe even some video after this weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment