Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Decorations!

I've been excited for a while to get our Christmas decorating on, and had a great plan to get it all out on Black Friday. David and I both got food poisoning though, (we think it was at least... we felt awful, and then suddenly better) so the decorations were forgotten in the shed.

I FINALLY was able to start decorating on Sunday, and we got our Christmas tree! It still had snow on it though, so we let it dry out overnight in its stand, then I got to decorate it on Monday. It's kind of a strange tree, because all the branches look freally full and green, but then on the inside there are TONS of dead pine needles. And I mean tons! I vaccummed up nearly an entire canister worth, and then tossed nearly the same amount out the front door... so strange! I think I got most of them out now, but we won't be leaving the tree lit when we're gone any time soon.

So, I know you're dying of anticipation to see what we've done with the place!


Our beautiful nativity scene... I could have sworn we lost Joseph, but there he is holding a staff and wearing a robe that matches Mary.

Sorry, the sun is really bright, and you've probably figured out already that I'm not a very good photographer.


Our tree is really large, and too tall for our beautiful star to fit on the top, so I put this pretty bead wreath on it instead. It's kind of different, but I like it, and it matches a lot of the ball ornaments.

We already have a few presents, and strangely, all of them (except the huge one, which is for Micah) are for my sister... we must really love her a lot. :)

The snowman quilt my mom made for us, which I really love, and a few decorations on the shelf. Plus, we updated our pictures, so Micah's the focus of our wall, not just our wedding.
There are a few more little decorations around the house that I didn't get a picture of, and I'm enjoying the warm Christmas-y feel of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment