Friday, December 2, 2011

Someday... Christmas Lights

I love the Christmas season! I was listening to Christmas music early this year, waiting and waiting for it to get here. I can't wait to experience this joyful time of year with Micah. This isn't his first Christmas, of course, but it IS the first year he's going to be very aware of what's going on. I have a feeling he's going to take all the ornaments off the tree and get into the presents. I can't wait!

David's out of town this weekend for a church retreat, so tonight Micah and I went for a long drive around town looking at Christmas lights. He still sits rear-facing in his car seat, so he couldn't see most of the pretty houses, but when he could he was very excited! I love driving around and hearing him talk to himself in the back seat, laughing and chatting up a storm. I also love looking at Christmas lights. They're so pretty and blinky and they make each house look festive or elegant.

Each of the three years that we've lived in this house, I've wanted to put up Christmas lights. The problem is that the house has a power line that goes to the corner of it, and I'm afraid that we'd touch it and get electrocuted.  I think I'm going to at least decorate our front porch, so we can look a little more festive without dying from the scary power line.

It's been a little while since I've done one of these 'Someday' posts, but they're back! Someday, I hope to have a house without a power line to the corner of it, so we can decorate full-on! Until then, here are a few pictures of Christmas inspiration!


I love the garland with the lights in it, and the white icicle lights on the house.


I'm really into Christmas garlands this year, and I love this front door set up!


We don't have a vineyard, of course, but I love how this looks - I wish I could drive around through these grape vines!


I know this really doesn't have much to do with Christmas, but it's lights! I think these little lighted hedgehogs are adorable, and I think I'm going to use my old pumpkins from Halloween to make a hedgehog in our front yard. I'll put up a picture soon!

You can find all of these pictures on my Pinterest 'Christmas' board.

No comments:

Post a Comment