Friday, September 7, 2012

Summer 2012 Recap, Part Two - July

I realized last night that I forgot something very important from the month of June - on June 28th, we moved into our new house! We are loving the space and are finally feeling settled into the house. I have lots of ideas for how I'd like to decorate and improve the house in the future. For now, it's great just how it is!


July was a great month too, but very busy! We had a lot of fun things going on, including two weddings out of town, unpacking lots of boxes, and some camping with my parents. Not to mention David and I were both working during the week.

Somehow I don't have any pictures on my phone of Greg and Britni's wedding in Salem, but it was beautiful and very fun! Greg is one of David's best friends, and David was a best man in the wedding. We were honored to be able to have a part in their special day - and we're excited that they've moved to Hermiston!

Micah is really interested in animals right now, and he has loved going out to our family friends' house to visit their chickens. I think he would sit right here and watch all of the chickens for hours if he could.


He's enjoying our new carpet. 


On two different mornings, Micah and I went to pick blueberries at a local farm. The first morning, Barb also went, and Micah went back and forth between us, picking (and eating) as he went. The second morning was more difficult, since I brought him by myself and he kept running away from me. 


We have a lot of frozen blueberries now, though, and they're delicious! I'm not sure how long they'll last in our freezer, because I've been eating them already.


Micah and I spent multiple Friday and Saturday mornings going to garage sales - mostly looking for tiny clothes for his little sister. He found this kitty at one garage sale, and promptly (the next weekend) forgot it at my parents' house. Oops!


In the middle of July, my little sister (who's not so little anymore) got married in Everson. Micah was the ring-bearer, and I have to say, he was adorable! Here he is trying on his wedding attire the week before the wedding.


Steph getting ready for the wedding! Isn't she pretty!??


I don't have any pictures of the actual wedding to post because I'm only using pictures I've taken off my phone. Hopefully soon I'll get some pictures, though... hint, hint! I was the matron of honor, and had a lot of fun! It was such a blessing to see my sister get married to a great guy like Rodney, and Micah has been asking about them often. He wants to go visit them in Portland soon, I think!

After the wedding, we went camping with my parents in Winthrop, WA. On the way over the pass, we stopped at Nehalem and Micah got to explore an old train with David. 


There was a really neat bell on the train that Micah would have really liked to ring, but a bunch of people were having a picnic right next to the train and kept yelling at people who rang the bell. It made me wonder why they sat next to the train? Oh well, next time we'll be sure he rings the bell!


Winthrop is an old western town with lots of cute little shops to explore. 
This strong man joined us on our shopping adventure.



 Micah even took a bath in a cooler - it's not ideal and I probably wouldn't do it again, but he sure had fun! 



When we returned home, Micah started swimming lessons. Last year he was pretty timid about the water, but he had a lot more fun this year! Unless I dunked his head under the water, which ruined the day for him. Our little guy loves to swim!


At the end of July, Micah got to have his friend Kai over for a play-day.


July was a very hot, but very fun month! One more summer month post to come - August!

No comments:

Post a Comment