Wednesday, June 16, 2010

25 Books of Summer

Because I don't have to work this summer and I don't want to waste all of my free time, I've set a goal for myself. I would like to read 25 books this summer. There are no criteria (except that picture books don't count...), but this began after Memorial Day. The list of finished books is posted on the left... we'll see if I can do it!

My first book for the list is On Becoming Babywise, by Gary Ezzo and Dr. Robert Bucknam... I was a little disillusioned by this book, and I'm not really sure what my opinion is. It's an interesting concept of being able to get your baby on a feeding schedule, but in talking to people and doing some research, I don't know how healthy and safe it is. Some of the principles seem like they'll be very helpful, but we won't be following Ezzo's plan.

1 comment:

  1. My recommendation would be to read it and use what you feel will work for your family! I love the baby wise concept and our babies were all on a schedule and slept great. However, we did not use this information to the extreme. I think a great person for you to chat with is Molly Gustafson. Macy is 5 months old and sleeping through the night and has been for awhile. This is at least a newer mom for you to go to.

    The most important thing to remember...DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU! Everyone has their opinion and you will go crazy trying to make everyone's advice work for you. We are all here to support you but in the end it's what is best for your family!

    It was good to see you this past weekend, though we didn't really get much of a chance to chat. I didn't realize you were sitting behind me at Kylie's party. I could have turned my chair! Take care of yourself girl!!

    ReplyDelete