Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Oregon Zoo in July

Last week David and I decided to take a spontaneous trip to Portland. David's friend Omar, who really enjoys giving me a hard time, invited us to stay with him while he was house sitting in Newberg. Being the young, hip, spontaneous couple that we are (or used to be... not really hip though), we took him up on the deal and loaded up Micah's pack-and-play for the trip.
We spent a little time with Omar on Friday night, then Saturday morning we headed north to Portland for our yearly trip to the Oregon Zoo. Man, I love it there! It was a very warm day for Portland - around 80 degrees - which was perfect for us, and there it wasn't as busy as I expected.

Last year when we came to the zoo, in May, I was still pregnant with Micah. It's much more enjoyable with a baby on the outside of your body! Micah rode around in his stroller most of the day, watching people and ignoring the animals.


He had a good time, I think, and even took a nap after a quick visit with these lion statues:



I'm not sure what I'm doing here, but this is the best picture we got of the three of us. Thanks, Omar, for inviting us and for spending the day with us. I'm sorry we didn't get a picture with you too...

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like y'all had a fun visit. Your baby is adorable. Thanks for sharing your zoo visit with us.

    ReplyDelete