Thursday, July 8, 2010
Granny's Chocolate Cobbler
• 1-¼ cup Sugar, Divided
• ½ cups Milk
• ⅓ cups Melted Butter
• 1-½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• ½ cups Light Brown Sugar, Packed
• 1-½ cup Hot Tap Water
1. Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa and sugar.
2. Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into an ungreased 8-inch baking dish.
4. In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining white sugar (it should be 1/2 cup), the brown sugar, and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter.
5. Pour the hot tap water over all. DO NOT STIR!
6. Bake at 350degrees for about 40 minutes or until the center is set.
7. Let stand for a few minutes to cool. Serve with ice cream using the gooey sauce to spoon over all.
(The picture is from her website: here.)