Sunday, July 25, 2010

One Last Vacation

David and I were very lucky to be able to spend a night in Spokane on Friday. His cousin, Sara, got married Saturday, so we were able to turn the trip up for the wedding into a little time away, just the two of us. We figured it would be the last time before Micah gets here that we'd be able to get away, and probably the last time for a while. The wedding was really nice, very pretty but unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures. We're really excited for Mark and Sara, and know that they're going to enjoy marriage an awful lot!

On Friday evening, after checking into our hotel, we went to the wonderland that is BabiesRUs! What a fun store! I'm so glad it's in Spokane, and not in Tri-Cities, because I think I would try to go there all the time, and spend WAY too much money! We were able to get some of the last things that I wanted to have before Micah gets here, like a pad for the changing table, a cover for the pad, and a Pack-and-Play.

After we were done shopping, we drove to downtown Spokane and ate dinner at Olive Garden. The weather was perfect, not too hot and not too cool, and we were able to eat outside on their patio. We walked around Riverfront Park after dinner, and I was really impressed by what a nice park it is! We looked at the old carousel and the big fountain, and enjoyed a nice evening walk together. :) I feel very blessed to be able to spend so much time with David, and to enjoy all of the time we have together!

Saturday morning, David and I were also very fortunate to spend some time with our good friend Matt Berard! It's been a long time since we were able to see Matt, and we had him all to ourselves for a short tour of some nice places in Spokane. We spent some time in Manito Park, walking through the different gardens (a rose garden, a Japanese garden, and a really pretty area with a fountain that was reminiscent of an English garden). Matt also took David and I to the lobby of the Davenport Hotel downtown, which was really pretty. Thanks for taking us around, Matt! It was great to see you!

Here are some pictures from the weekend:






"These aren't the droids you're looking for."
David and Matt in serious discussion in the lobby of the Davenport Hotel.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that I know most of this stuff, yet I still enjoy reading it, and the pictures are great. Think I forgot to mention in my last comment that I enjoy your playlist when I check your blog.

    ReplyDelete