Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hello 2011!

Today is already January 5th! We're into 2011, and I'm excited to see what God has in store for us this year. I'm not one to make resolutions, and in years past, when I have made them, I haven't been one to keep them. Instead, this year I'm going to set a few goals for myself. Not goals which can really be measured tangibly, but just in general there are a few things that I'd like to be better about.

* I want to be better about keeping this blog updated. It annoys me that I go so long in between posts. I'd like to be more regular about keeping this updated, not only with pictures of our cute little Micah, but also my thoughts and reflections on life as a mom, a Christian, and a person.

* I want to keep my house cleaner. And I want Maverick to stay off the couch so we don't have hair all over all the time - it drives me crazy!

* I want to read to Micah often. I'm not sure that in a year he'll be able to read.... but I'd like him to enjoy reading and know how much fun it can be to read. Reading is an activity that I love, and I hope he'll have the same love for it!

* I want to cook some really good food. Lately I've been really enjoying cooking (not really baking), and I've found some really good recipes online. It makes me feel proud of myself to know that I've cooked a full meal for David, and I think I can do it more often.

* I want to buy a new couch!

* Lastly, I want to do crafts like crazy! Well, maybe not like crazy, but regularly. I really like being able to give people gifts that are not only useful and (hopefully) pretty, but hand-made also.

I know that it's going to take effort and some changes, but I really would like to have some change in my life. I know that with God's help I can be a better person, and make a better contribution, not only to my family but to the community around me as well.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment