Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No Good, Very Bad Day(s)

Our poor Maverick has been banished from his favorite place.


Our couches.

We never should have let him on them in the first place. I know that now. But maybe you didn't see him as a puppy?




He was irresistable. And he loved to cuddle.


So, we let him on the couch to cuddle with us. And then to cuddle by himself, with his hair getting everywhere! Now, two years later, I can't handle it any more! The hair in every nook and cranny of the couch is driving me crazy. It's gross when you sit down for a minute and when you get up, you're coated with white hair.
 
We had to change the rules, and many times when I have walked into the living room lately I've seen this:

"Do I have to get down?"
Yes, he's laying on Micah's toy... he's not really in it for the comfort, just the privilege.
 
I've been saying, "Get down, Maverick!" over and over. Even in the middle of the night when I'm up to feed Micah. He sneaks out of our room and onto the couch.
 
It is getting better though. Right now, he's laying on the floor by my feet, happy as can be (and asleep as can be). And when he gets really desperate, he finds somewhere else to lay:
 

It's a hard life for a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment