Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cold, Cold Weather!

It is seriously cold here today, with blue skies. Deceivingly blue. I keep looking out the window and thinking that I should take Micah for a walk. Or just spend some time outside in the beautiful day.

Then I step outside and my icicle fingers fall off. Okay, not really, but it's cold out there! The Weather Channel says 24 degrees. I thought I moved to the desert... where is the sun?

What? What's that you say? It's winter? The desert has winter too? Well I don't remember signing up for that. I'm ready for some spring. For some sunshine. I'm ready to sit in the backyard with Micah and Maverick, wearing shorts and a tank top.


In the last few weeks we've had nice weather. The kind that tricks you and makes you think spring is here. I went for walks, felt good going outside, and was thinking about getting ready to start planting vegetables. I'm ready for spring!

And then on Thursday, I woke up to this:


Someday my spring will come. At least, I hope it will.

**According to The Weather Channel, our temperature is supposed to double by tomorrow. 48! I think I'll stay in the nice, warm house until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment