Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another First For Micah and A Fun 'Weekend'

David, Micah and I spent part of last week at my parents' house, up near Bellingham. Because Micah was sick we had to go a day and a half late, so it was a short visit, but we had a great time!

Not only did we get to spend time with friends and family, but Micah got his first haircut! Here are some before, during and after pictures:

I miss those curls already!



We went to lunch with my good friends from high school, Jen, Katie, Kara and Stacey. We all lead different lives in different parts of the country - and world! - but it's interesting that we are all married. It was great to spend time with my friends, and to eat dinner at El Nopal (AKA Elmo Paul), where we spent a lot of time in high school. This was the first time in five years that we all had been together - because we don't live in town, I missed the get-together last year.

I love that we can all come together after a long time, and still be just as comfortable talking and joking around as we were back in our high school days. I meant to get a picture of all five of us together, but Jen had to leave a little earlier than the rest of us to go see some family. So, I just got four-fifths plus the two little guys, Micah and Noah.

Stacey, Me, Micah, Noah, Katie, and Kara

Micah also got his first birthday present, from his friend Noah. He was excited to open it up at the restaurant, but even more excited to play with it at my mom and dad's house! It's a little helicopter with four colored plastic balls, and he's been crawling all over our house with those balls - he's in love. Thanks Noah!



Also, Micah didn't wear the same shirt all weekend - I think I took a lot of these pictures on the same day!

No comments:

Post a Comment