Monday, March 7, 2011

Someday, A Front Door

David and I are renting right now. The house we're in is small, about 800 square feet. It's been just the right size for the three of us, but it's going to get small in the next couple of years. (Not yet, we're not adding a fourth member yet). So, we have a plan... at least a tenative plan to buy a house in the next couple of years.

I am always looking at what's for sale, what prices are, what neighborhood we should live in. I know we can't buy right now, but I'm going to be informed going into the process when we can. Ideally, we would like to have a house built, and because I can't stop my brain from working, I've been thinking about what I'd like in this imaginary house.

So, I'll start with the front door:

source
This isn't too much to ask for, right?

I really love the Arts and Crafts style, so this front door is really what I'd love to have:

source

This is a beautiful front door, with the planters and the pretty red wreath. I love it! I love the lights too. Someday we'll have a front door all our own, and hopefully it'll be as beautiful as this one. Or it'll come with a pet giraffe... either way would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment