Here's what you need:
- One pound of ground beef, browned
- A can of corn
- A can of pinto beans
- A can of kidney beans
- A jar of tomato sauce (sometimes I use a jar of spaghetti sauce if I don't have tomato sauce... I know it's Italian rather than taco-ish, but I can't tell the difference once it's mixed in.)
- A packet of ranch seasoning
- A packet of taco seasoning
- Some water to thin out the liquid - about two cans worth unless you want it to be thinner.
- A small can of sliced or chopped olives - if you like them
- Half an onion - if you like them
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Put all of the ingredients into your crock pot and mix with a spoon until all of the dry ingredients are no longer dry.
Then, turn on your crock pot.
Go watch four episodes of Bones back-to-back - you won't regret it! Make sure you also go get a Dairy Queen Reeses/cookie dough blizzard to eat while you contemplate whether Booth and "Tempy" (as I like to call her) will ever end up together.
Then, come back to your soup and scoop some into your bowl. Plop some sour cream on top, with a generous sprinkling of cheddar cheese, and enjoy!
Seriously, this is the easiest soup I've ever made that doesn't come out of a can - and the only soup I've ever made that doesn't come out of a can... But really, it's easy!