Thursday, March 31, 2011

~ TASTY THURSDAY ~ Easy Peasy Taco Soup

It's not really soup season anymore, but I still wanted to share this easy and delicious recipe. I got it from one of the ladies I worked with at Banner Bank, back in the old days (2 years ago), and it quickly became one of my favorite meals to make!

source

Here's what you need:
  • One pound of ground beef, browned
  • A can of corn
  • A can of pinto beans
  • A can of kidney beans
  • A jar of tomato sauce (sometimes I use a jar of spaghetti sauce if I don't have tomato sauce... I know it's Italian rather than taco-ish, but I can't tell the difference once it's mixed in.)
  • A packet of ranch seasoning
  • A packet of taco seasoning
  • Some water to thin out the liquid - about two cans worth unless you want it to be thinner.
  • A small can of sliced or chopped olives - if you like them
  • Half an onion - if you like them
  • Sour cream
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
Now, pay close attention - it is very important that you follow these directions very carefully!

Put all of the ingredients into your crock pot and mix with a spoon until all of the dry ingredients are no longer dry.

Then, turn on your crock pot.

Go watch four episodes of Bones back-to-back - you won't regret it! Make sure you also go get a Dairy Queen Reeses/cookie dough blizzard to eat while you contemplate whether Booth and "Tempy" (as I like to call her) will ever end up together.


source

Then, come back to your soup and scoop some into your bowl. Plop some sour cream on top, with a generous sprinkling of cheddar cheese, and enjoy!

Seriously, this is the easiest soup I've ever made that doesn't come out of a can - and the only soup I've ever made that doesn't come out of a can... But really, it's easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment