Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Someday, A Kitchen

I have been inspired lately to bake. I want to make a beautiful cake, sit on the couch and eat it. Or share.. Or just eat up it as fast as I can.

I just can't look at a picture like this one and not want to make (or eat) something delicious!

source

Or this one:

source
A few weeks ago, I found this blog, I Am Baker, written by Amanda, who makes some delicious looking cakes and desserts. I've really enjoyed seeing some of her creations. It's inspiring, and makes me want to try out her techniques.

The problem is my kitchen. It's so small!

We have approximately 7 feet of counter space, but most of it is covered - by things like our microwave and coffee pot, a bread box, and our set of knives. Our cabinets are full to over-flowing, so there's not much room for me to reorganize and make more counter space.

It's really not a problem most of the time - just an inconvenience. However, when I want to bake, I just don't have enough room to spread out and take up some space. I end up taking up the entire kitchen, plus the entire dining room.... but it can be done:


Like I've mentioned before, David and I have plans eventually to buy a house, but it really will be eventually - not anytime in the next few months. So, I'll make do with what I have and  dream of someday having a wonderfully large kitchen:

source
I really like this dark kitchen. It's a little modern for what I like, but look at that big island - I could roll out so much fondant on there!


source
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this white kitchen! (Minus the bar stools... not my style) I love the white cabinets and all the trim, and look at the hood over the oven/stove. Beautiful! The floors - very pretty. The only thing I would change besides the bar stools is the counter top - I'd do granite... This is my dream of course, so there's no cost factor involved!

Last, take a look at this kitchen:

source

I love the granite - and especially the backsplash. Beautiful, beautiful kitchen.

Maybe someday I'll have a beautiful kitchen like one of these. If not, I'll just have to keep making cakes like these ones in our small kitchen, spreading all throughout the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment