Monday, October 17, 2011

Getting Things Done on the Weekend

I have about four different blog posts running through my mind right now - that's how I blog. I go for two weeks without a post, and suddenly I have a whole slough of thoughts and pictures that I feel like sharing. So, be prepared for some posts this week - I'm going to hold myself back from posting them all at once!

With my work schedule and David's soccer coaching, added to taking care of Micah, I don't often feel like I get much accomplished. Our house is usually messier than I'd like it to be, I don't go running as often as I should, and many things get pushed to the side that should be priorities. This weekend, though, I decided to take control and get things done! (This includes taking time for some quality family time, of course!)

We went on Friday to dinner at David's parents' house, then to the Farmer's Market here in town, where I bought a cup of the best apple cider I've ever had. Seriously, it was so good, and I couldn't find the words to describe to David how much I enjoyed it. He didn't seem to understand what I meant by, "A little sip just fills up my whole mouth!" It was great, and now I really want some more!

Saturday morning, David, Micah and I went to breakfast at Shari's - a very fancy establishment - perfect for bringing a 14-month old who has figured out how much fun it is to shriek randomly. I just charged my camera battery, so I decided to take some photos:




Micah tasted orange for the first time, and he's in love! He gobbled up the pieces I pulled off for him - we may need to run to the grocery store.

When we got home, I got right to work painting my new/old dresser. It took me most of the day to sand it down, then paint it, but I think it turned out really good. It looks so much better! Unfortunately, it doesn't look much different in the before/after picture, but it definitely looks better in person. I painted it 'Pebble White' by Glidden, and the drawer pulls are 'Oil Rubbed Bronze' by Krylon.


I finished by about 4:30 and then got to work finishing up a project for my friend Emilee. We had talked about this project in the summer, but it took me a few months longer to get it done than I expected it would.


I used a canvas stretcher, spray-painted the same blue as my little owl, and then distressed with brown/black paint. 


I used this tutorial, updated a little to make the center a little different, to make the flowers and glued them onto the frame. The fabrics are a mix of fabrics that Emilee used in her hall decorations this year as an RA at Corban.



It was really a fun project to work on - I'm really enjoying embroidering! I was ready for a good rest on Sunday, after doing all this work the day before! I hope you all had a good weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment